Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blog Name

Well thanks for reading my simple minded thoughts this is a pretty cool hobby it forces me to use my brain and yet relaxes me at the same time. Well I thought Id'e explaine the naming of my blog page you see as a child I always wanted a treehouse and although I had a little club house down by the creek and have a lot of great memories of camping out down there a treehouse was what i dreamed of I love to climb trees as far up as i could go and just sit there and feel the tree sway in the breese so anyway when spencer asked me one day if I would build him a treehouse I started thinking and looking at them online and getting plans and ideas for a cool treehouse for "him and hannah" thoes of you who know me you already know i am a collector/dumpster diver/recycler of one mans trash into this mans treasure. so i had enough stuff sitting around here to get started but I know nothing when it comes to carpentry but my dad was on vacation so i winged it and got started(after a few phonecalls to him for pointers)

Before long I was well on my way to what some call my second home. when dad got home he came to help and he couldent believe .....well he couldent believe a lot of things like why are their no square corners?,where are the leg supports?,why is this thing swayin when we walk?, and why is this thing sooo BIG!?




(it's 10x10 w/a 2x10 deck across the front)





everyone played an intricate part in the building process....











everybody did something....


any way long story short I was building a treehouse for Me....



AND the kids and I sleep in it just as much as they do!







we have lots of fun here in the summer we make the slide a water slide.

this is the outside>





this is the inside> inside >





and this is the
Fun side slide!! >

so there's a little insight into the blog name
I guess the tree house kinda helps define me
big on imagination, pumped with creativity, a little
a little lop sided but a whole lot of fun !


4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I dont think you ever get too old to appreciate the things you loved as a child! And think of the memories you & your kiddos are storing up in that treehouse - thats something they'll never forget!

Courtney said...

I helped too, but nobody took my picture :-(

Anyway, the kids love it...and so do their friends.

Amy said...

And the tree house is awesome. I wish I had one...as a kid...and even now. And Kim, I am sure you did a wonderful job helping out!

Anonymous said...

Germ dad & I really enjoyed the story. Dad said the 1 picture of him he was hanging on for dear life. It was a great family project. You to Kim