Tuesday, July 24, 2007

1st Solo THRIVE


Well I did it with the help of God I made it through my first solo lesson at THRIVE. It was exciting and nerve racking at the same time but most of all it was a blessing! It was a great format for getting my feet wet in the preaching "arena". I had a lot of fun doing it. One of the best parts is that my neighbors from my childhood home in Palmyra were there. Why is that a big deal? you might ask, well lemme tell ya growing up I was THAT kid you know the one who was always a hand full!! and everyone had "trouble getting" to pay attention and get out from under the table. For them to see me in this role just reaffirms their belief in miracles!!
You can read the full article about thrive here http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007707140481

4 comments:

Courtney said...

To hear the stories told, you were definitely not headed for ministry! It goes to show you, God has a plan for us before we even have a clue what it is. You did awesome. I could feel your passion for the message you delivered and I'm sure everyone else felt it too...And passion is what makes things happen! I'm proud of you!

Rebecca Jo said...

You did a fantastic job! You seemed so relaxed up there & really got your message across. I'm anxious to hear more from you in the future!

Anonymous said...

As a proud father-in-law, is very gratifying, to see the chosen paths you are destined to.

I can only encourage you and if words of wisdom come with age, I would share with you my favorite bible verse, matthew 7: 7, this will guide your journey and light your path. wishing you continued success.

Anonymous said...

Germ, If anyone needs stories about you just let me know. I've never had any doubts that GOD would use you some day I just had to be patient and let it happen in his time. Dad and I love you very much just be patient and let GOD guide you. Love & Prayers MOM