Thursday, November 29, 2007

With me always

Although I sometimes forget, ( or choose not to acknowledge), God is always with me. When things are going smooth, He is there. When times get tough, He is there. When my own evil desires entice me and drag me into sin, He is there. From birth to death God has me by the hand and even when I choose to let go,
He is always reaching out to reconnect.

I need to remember not to let the trials in my life tear me down, but to use them to build my confidence in the Lord. The trials (if I choose to let them) will produce wisdom and perseverance (hupomone) which will in turn produce maturity. Though my courage and strength will fail from time to time, I find great comfort in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Knowing that one day I will be raised to a new life, complete and lacking nothing, and then I will be able to serve Him without fault forever. He is my security. Although I might not always be with Him, He is always with me.

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Its so easy for us to forget Christ is always with us. Thats what gives me such heartbreak at times - to think where I have taken Christ - to places He should never be - but yet, He's never left me (Thank you Lord!)....

But the promise of where He's going to take me one day - ahhh!

Chad Doerr said...

Amen brother!

Christy said...

Did I hear someone say 'pruning?'